Wireless Scoring is fast becoming the norm in bridge clubs. At first, expensive special hardware
was required. Don't worry if you still have one of these systems. Duplicate Scorer will continue to support it, but
now there is a cheaper option.
2017 saw the launch of Android ScoreSheet. This Android app allows players to enter their own scores at
the table. The scores are sent to the scoring computer over WiFi and the scoring computer sends back traveller information
and rankings for players to peruse at the table.
All you need to facilitate wireless scoring at your club is a wireless router (it doesn't need to be connected to the
Internet) and one Android device per table. A minimum of a 7 inch screen size is ideal, but ScoreSheet will even run
on an Android smartphone, if necessary.
ScoreSheet is available on Google Play
or, on your Android device, go to Play Store and search for Soxoft ScoreSheet
If you are already using a wireless scoring system with Duplicate Scorer, please note the following:
Competition Timer (part of the Club Option Pack) offers optional auto-switching -
displaying the clock during playing periods and the results-so-far between rounds.
If you have used the Club Option Pack to set up a membership database, members can
"sign on" to a Bridgemate unit at the start of the session - so you don't even
need to type in the competitors' names.
Full Director override of Bridgemate results if necessary.
Automatic inclusion of contract details in results reports.
- Android ScoreSheet provides all sorts of extra benefits compared with older, hardware solutions - flashing warnings for arrow switch and skip rounds, proper handling of individual competitions and much more.
- The additional licence that used to be required to use Duplicate Scorer with wireless scoring hardware
has now been abolished (but Duplicate Scorer will still honour it if you have already obtained one). Instead, wireless
scoring is available to anyone in possession of a Club Licence or better.
- Licencing for using Android ScoreSheet is handled slightly differently. Duplicate Scorer will permit a maximum of
two tables to use ScoreSheet simultaneously, free of charge. This is to allow you to evaluate the app. Note that you
can use your existing scoring hardware on the other tables. ScoreSheet integrates seamlessly with all popular wireless
- To use ScoreSheet on more than two tables, you will need to purchase an additional licence to cover your maximum
anticipated number of tables. Prices are being finalised so please contact me for details.
- The old Virtual Mate (Windows-based Bridgemate simulator) application should still work but is no longer formally
If you have the Club Option Pack, you also get Virtual Mate -
an extra virtual Bridgemate
table unit if you have a battery failure or don't have enough table units to go round.